Tuesday 24 July 2012

Review: Etude House BB Magic Cream (Refreshing)

Yellow fellow readers!


The BB Magic cream was my first ever liquid foundation given by a friend returning from Korea. I've had it for more than 20 months now and there's still a generous amount left in my tub.
Before posting this review I've done some research and it seems as though Etude House is no longer releasing this version of the BB Magic cream. Their new version is called Etude House, Good-bye trouble BB Magic Cream SPF 30 PA ++ retailing for about $11. The packing is similar with a few slight changes as evident in the photo, application wise I am unsure if coverage is the same. I'd guess it would be better as it is the upgraded version. So if you would still like to purchase your own BB Magic Cream please note that the one I will be discussing is no longer available and you're next best alternative is the new version!



Back onto my review.  This is my current tub of BB Magic Cream.



Packaging: the pump nozzle makes it extremely easy to regulate the necessary amount. The nozzle is fairly sensitive thus making it easy to control how much you'll need.


Coverage: The product provides a low to medium coverage evening out skin tone where necessary. Almost unnoticeable if you're applying a thin layer. As you can see in the photo my microscopic hand wrinkles were filled with the BB cream creating a smoother appearance.


Colour: Based on my skin tone the colour is a bit too pale for my face. Especially when going out and taking flash photography the SPF elements which reflect light as well as the light colour of the foundation makes me look especially ghastly. I'd recommend this for light to light medium skin tones. From the above picture you can see the BB cream on the left side of the fist, it does create a slight glow however the colour is still lighter than my skin tone.

Durability: I would not recommend this foundation for summer as sweat causes the cream to deteriorate and slide off. The product is not water proof.

Cons: As I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry face) the cream doesn't always work the way I want it to. Around the cheeks the application is smooth and convenient. However, around the area between the eyebrows the cream starts clumping and flaking off. This is especially irritating as no one wants to have flaky skin, that's what I'm using the cream for!

Overall: ☆ The cream is light weight and fairly convenient to apply. As I have moved onto creams that match my skin-tone I no longer use this foundation. Personally I recommend this product if you're looking for something cheap and have dry - normal light skin. If you have combination, oily or medium - dark skin this product is not for you.

2 comments:

  1. very thorough review! i would love to try this sometime. love your outfit posts as well. if you like my blog, would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lily thanks for checking out my blog. Will definitely pop by and have a look at yours too :)

      Delete