Monday 6 August 2012

Why I'm a big fat Liar: Photoshop

Guys, I have a confession to make.


I don't look like my pictures :(  Ok it's out there. I use this magical thing called Photoshop which transports me to a mystical island in the morning and teleports me back as an Asian goddess... Not really but that's what I'd want you guys to think when you look at pictures of me.


As a blogger I'd like to be honest with my readers while lieing to them indirectly. Tee hee :D So I'll make it clear now that I do Photoshop my pictures so you won't call me a liar later on after watching a video of me or just happening to bump into me...


I use Photoshop because it makes me look prettier and what girl wouldn't want to look better? Seriously the stuff gives me perfect, skin, hair, nose eyes etc the list goes on. If it exists why not use it? I'm not ashamed of my features in any way. It's what I've been born with, but I'm no where near perfect and do enjoy editing pictures to enhance my features. Okay that's kind of a lie... I pretty much just distort my pictures to a new person.


Here is a picture of me fully unedited:




Yep > < that's what I look like without makeup and unedited. I also need to pluck my eyebrows, sighh...


Here is the exact same picture edited:




A positive difference no? I've made a fair few changes, cheek and chin tuck, false eyeliner, eyelashes, pushed my nose smaller and a filter on top to make my skin look all nice. Yep compare this to my unedited picture...


This is a picture of my current DP fully edited:




Original unedited with makeup on:


I think you're getting an idea of just how much I edit my photos. If I have makeup on it reduces the workload as I won't need to put on fake eyeliner or fix up my skin as the makeup's already done that for me. So I'd say make up is just photoshop for the face :D Although I'll still probably photoshop a picture of me with make up on just to give it that extra touch of perfection.


I'm sorry for lying to all of you readers and will now on photoshop my pictures with the knowledge that you shall know I am photoshopping my pictures. Yayy!!


Over and out,


Miwari <3

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you're the only blogger who edits her photos. c:

    I'm not going to lie - I edit mine too! But I usually just fix the lighting, because I'm really lazy. @~@ Also, let's not forget camera angles are important too~ xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angles are heaps important. Peter Hurley did a video on what angle to do where and it's heaps awesome have a look http://vimeo.com/35732667
      Also I can't seem to comment on your blog for some reason :( so devs.

      Delete
  2. Hahahhaha you are NOT alone. How much I love photoshop :) Sooooo MUCH!!! I wish sometimes I can just live in the photoshop world where I look pretty all the time haha! I did a before and after similar post too : http://www.wengie.com/2012/07/the-power-of-photoshop-before-and-after.html yea....photoshop does wonders right ;)

    Keep it up, cute blog and love your smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wengie!
      OMG you are way too kind. I looked at your post and GIIIRRRL what are you on. You already live in the photoshop'd world. You look so ulzzzang. I'm on cloud nine having someone as gorgeous as you following me <3 <3

      Delete